Sport Phillip Marine Chandlery Supplies
Fish Species (local)
Fishing Locations (local)
Fishing Clubs
Fishing Licence
Marine Parks
On-line Video Channels
Fishing Reports
Hawaiian Slings
About Fish
Fishing Knots


Recreational Fishing License requirements for Victorian Waters

A Recreational Fishing Licence (RFL) covers, all forms of recreational fishing in all of Victoria's marine, estuarine and freshwaters.

Unless you are exempt, a RFL is required when taking, or attempting to take, any species of fish by any method including line fishing, bait collection, gathering shellfish, yabby fishing, prawning and spear fishing.

You will not need a licence to fish if you are under 18 years of age or over 70, or a holder of the following cards:

    • Victorian Seniors Card or interstate equivalent;
    • Veterans' Affairs Pensioner Card;
    • Veterans' Affairs Repatriation Health Card coded (TPI)
    • Commonwealth Pensioner Concession Card coded either (DSP), (DSP Blind), (AGE), (AGE Blind) or (CAR)

If you are supervising people while they fish, you are not required to have a license.  However, as soon as you touch the line, rod or catch, you will require a license, so it is a good idea to get yourself a license just in case.

Fishing Licenses can be purchased in Mornington from Mobile Service Station on Nepean Highway, however for a quicker option, purchase your RFL online by clicking on the link below.



Sport Phillip Marine services the boating, yachting & fishing needs of the Mornington Peninsula from Frankston, Daveys Bay, Mt. Eliza, Mornington, Mt. Martha, Safety Beach, Martha Cove, Dromana, Rosebud, Rye, Blairgowrie, Sorrento and Portsea on Port Phillip Bay to Yaringa, Warneet, Somers, Hastings, and Flinders on Westernport Bay.


home | company profile | links | sitemap | contact us | disclaimer

©2009 Sport Phillip Marine